The past year has been an exciting time within the tissue industry, as 2019 brought with it a fair number of changes. Tissue manufacturers and converters were challenged to undertake global initiatives surrounding sustainability and Industry 4.0, among others.
The end of the year provides a chance to reflect on how Fabio Perini continues to grow and innovate to support our customers’ success, and help them lean into 2020 — and beyond!
Subscribe to our blog!
Get the latest news direct from Körber!
Our Commitment for a Better World – Our Heart is Green
As the global eco-crisis escalates, sustainability has taken on greater importance. To that end, Fabio Perini developed strong sustainability solutions which were featured throughout 2019 at MIAC, TissueCon, and Tissue World, including:
- The Bio Pack TIP that enables the wrapping of all pack formats with eco-friendly paper, bioplastic, and laminated/extruded/glued bio-material without changing machine settings.
- The versatile Proxima S6 state-of-the-art machine to manufacture AFH products with significantly less environmental impact, including in the areas of noise reduction and energy consumption.
- The Aquabond water lamination technology that replaces adhesive with water during ply bonding.
- The Glueless Rewinder and Tail Sealer 563 initiatives.
- The Solid and Solid+ with no cardboard cores to incentivize responsible use of resources.
In addition to equipment and services aimed at sustainability, we embraced opportunities in advanced technologies that help customers successfully leverage technological platforms:
- The Digital Tissue™ smart equipment and services allow tissue converters to capitalize on trending Internet of Things (IoT) capabilities and optimize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- The Tissue Performance Center developed in partnership with SoftJam, a Microsoft Gold Partner for over 20 years, to utilize the Microsoft cloud platform and technology to gather and analyze data from Fabio Perini machines installed on production lines around the world.
Our Commitment to Strategic, Customer-Centric Growth
Fabio Perini aided in putting sustainability and other initiatives to work within the global tissue industry through the strategic expansion of certain key markets:
- China and Asia experience consistent and impressive growth in folded products, making the region ideal for MTC interfolder/multifolder/ napkin tissue converting equipment.
- Latin America is now serviced through Fabio Perini and MTC operations in Brazil from a new, expanded headquarters facility in Joinville-Santa Catarina. Roll-Tec, located in Guarulhos-Sao Paulo and under the Kӧrber Group brand since July of 2019, offers the best-in-class technology for development and production of engraved cylinders for tissue, glass, leather, plastic, and non-woven markets.
Our Perspective on Global Opportunities
Finally, 2019 saw Fabio Perini expand the global reach of its Converter Connections blog. The resource is now available in English, Portuguese, and Spanish. If you haven’t already done so, we encourage you to subscribe to the Converter Connections blog, and enjoy articles and videos like the top five from 2019:
- Simple Log Saw Modifications Can Help Improve Safety, Operational Efficiency for Tissue Converters [VIDEO]
- Keeping The Future of Tissue Converting Connectivity and Customer Service In Sight [VIDEO]
- Smart Technology: New Moonlight Unwinder Improves Safety, Efficiency, Quality
- AFH Products: Trends, Challenges, and the Proxima S6 Rewinder Solution
- Make Embossing Decisions Fast With The New Touch ‘N’ Roll 3D Configurator
Reflecting on the challenges and opportunities 2019 presented to the tissue industry makes the Fabio Perini team just that much more excited to continue to grow and innovate in 2020. It’s a pleasure to help our customers succeed, and we look forward to what the new year has in store.
On behalf of the entire Fabio Perini team, I wish you the most joyous of holiday seasons.
— Oswaldo Cruz, Jr.
Written by Oswaldo Cruz, Jr.
Oswaldo Cruz, Jr. is CEO of Körber Tissue. He has been with the company for more than 20 years and has held roles as Managing Director of Fabio Perini Brazil, with market responsibility for all of Latin America, and as a Sales Manager for Brazil. He has an MBA as well as a degree in mechanical engineering.