Iscriviti al blog
“iT’s Tissue 2018 really focused on digital transformation,” Augustine explained. “It gave companies like Fabio Perini — that was founded on innovation — a chance to explore the major step changes that are taking place in the industry. For Fabio Perini, that means continuing to combine digital initiatives, existing equipment and new technologies to help our customers simplify their production processes.”
Equipment InnovationsAt Fabio Perini’s iT’s Tissue open house, demonstrations of leading-edge equipment captured this forward thinking, and also provided insights into how Fabio Perini uses data generated in customers’ facilities to customize and provide actionable guidance that translates to efficient production. Featured breakthrough technologies included:
- New Constellation™ S6 that delivers the industry’s widest operating window and bulk development capability for medium-level production, as well as Punzoncini for gentle and controlled winding, intuitive Easy HMI for simplified line operation and the All-in-One application to maximize overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and performance.
- 179AX Log Saw with Automatic Blade Changeover that uses a patented system for automatic blade changeovers that takes less than 3 minutes to complete, keeps operators completely safe and can be done without stopping the rewinder — all while delivering a consistent 270 cuts/min.
- New Casmatic CARBON-T Concept Wrapper is the only machine capable of changing pack width and length formats on overhead flights without operator intervention — an 80% time savings — and includes parts built from carbon fiber material to improve wrapper speed, performance and maintenance.
- CMB270 Bundler runs at speeds of up to 27 bundles per minute and offers a smaller machine footprint, 60% reduction in energy consumption and high levels of automation that drastically cut format changeover time.
- The wide ITF 7000 Interfolder can reach speeds up to 240 m/min with facial tissue product and is equipped with a unique Gang Saw, which is the best technical solution for this type of product
- Narrow ITF 6000 Interfolder is a combo line for facial and towel tissue. The line can reach speeds up to 230 m/min, and automatic separation speeds of up to 22 cycles
Smart Services and ApplicationsIn addition to superior equipment capabilities, Fabio Perini incorporates a digital platform of smart services and applications that uses data generated within customers’ facilities to form actionable guidance to fully leverage efficiencies. Commercially available, these services include:
- Condition Monitoring is a predictive maintenance tool used to identify deviation in process functionality and plan maintenance operations in advance. Machine vibration sensors collect, measure and analyze data to detect anomalies and take appropriate actions.
- Tissue Data is a smart system to collect, monitor and analyze real-time data gathered from single machines and/or entire production lines in the same facility or across different locations.
- All-in-One is a smart application that integrates converting and packaging processes in order to maximize automation and remove human intervention from production.
- Process Control Systems measure and monitor, in real time, the most important properties of tissue and finished product — paper caliper, log weight, log diameter and log firmness.
WECAREBridging all of the products and applications Fabio Perini offers is the WECARE Solutions platform that optimizes OEE of converting and packaging lines through specialized training and high-touch technical support and easily accessible customer support.
For more information on the Fabio Perini innovations featured at iT’s Tissue 2018, or to learn more about how we can help solve your converting and packaging challenges, reach out to Fabio Perini today!
Scritto da Pete Augustine
Pete Augustine oversees the entire operation for Körber in North America, including strategic planning, sales, and production. Augustine holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Wisconsin and an MBA from Purdue. He also served as a Captain in the United States Army. Augustine was named a 2017 TAPPI Fellow and currently serves on the TAPPI Board of Directors as its Vice Chair.