As a tissue leader, Körber has the privilege to support the industry and serve customers through innovation, thought leadership, and global initiatives that inspire growth and champion change.
The Körber Tissue team made impressive strides in 2022, which makes looking ahead to 2023 all the more exciting.
Subscribe to our blog!
Get the latest news direct from Körber!
The Körber Ecosystem expands opportunities
Excitement about the Körber ecosystem continues to grow. This past year found the combination of innovation, machinery, and technology at the heart of solutions rolled out for maximizing operational efficiency, outcomes, and growth opportunities, including:
- The new Perini Vega S8 lines for converting large-diameter rolls typical of away-from-home products
- The new MTC ITF Change line for interfolded products, featuring an automatic and quick change cut-off format
- The new Casmatic Zephyrus packaging machine for sustainable and e-commerce ready mixed formats with both roll and folded products packed together
- The latest systems of the Sam Operational Solution family that help prevent the risk of finished product quality non-conformities, including Ecosystem Sam Flow that stabilizes machine speeds and product flow to harmonize production, and Perini Sam VAR advanced machine fault monitoring for efficient troubleshooting with minimal downtime
- Warm-up Contactless Double, the breakthrough technology for hot embossing, now available for heating both engraving rolls
- The PA15, an innovative, fast and flexible palletizing solution developed by the Körber Business Area Supply Chain
- Our portfolio of digital solutions for the tissue industry including Tissue manufacturing operations management (TMOM) by Körber and Boost by FactoryPal
Körber ecosystem solutions remain a focus for 2023, adding to the powerful “one-stop shop” experience for tissue manufacturers that encompasses all aspects of tissue converting environments — from raw paper to finished products and distribution logistics.
Defining the future of sustainability in the tissue industry
Tissue manufacturers and converters focused on holistically improving product and production sustainability need solutions that help meet their interconnected environmental, profitability, and efficiency goals.
Körber’s continuous, customer-focused tissue technologies are helping lead the industry toward a more efficient, cost-effective, and sustainable future with:
- Reliance on more sustainable and renewable paper raw materials and pulp sources, such as managed forests, bamboo, and other fiber alternatives
- Increasing recycled content of tissue and packaging materials
- Packaging innovations including compostable paper and bioplastic alternatives
- Clean manufacturing processes that protect water supplies and reduce CO2 emissions
- Solid rolls and the elimination of adhesives
- Smart, efficient equipment and machines that reduce energy consumption
Quick Delivery makes fast work of supply chain management
The year brought some easing of supply chain disruption impact, but there is still a long path to full restoration of supply chain efficiency in the tissue industry. However, demand and production must continue, which can create dilemmas for tissue manufacturers and converters.
In response, Körber Tissue created a broad portfolio of converting, packaging, and folded equipment and Technical Improvement Programs (TIPs) that are readily available through quick delivery. The solutions are practical for supply chain management issues and also provide the added benefits of faster time to market, timely response to business opportunities, and accelerated return on investment.
New year, new events and networking opportunities
As a trusted leader, Körber constantly innovating solutions that bring about meaningful change for customers and within the tissue industry. The Körber Business Area Tissue calendar is already filling up for 2023, and the global Kӧrber team is looking forward to connecting with customers and colleagues at:
- Paper One Show (Sharjah United Arab Emirates), 21-23 February, 2023: The 8th edition of the premier international paper exhibition in the Middle East/North Africa (MENA) region
- CIDPEX (Nanjing, China), 19-21 April, 2023: A world-leading trade show and exhibition of tissue paper and disposable hygiene products
- Tissue Summit (São Paulo, Brazil), 8-9 March, 2023: The event gathers the main decision makers of the tissue and personal care market in Brazil
- Tissue World Düsseldorf (Düsseldorf, Germany), 28-30 March, 2023: The global tissue manufacturing industry’s foremost event for development, discovery, and networking — hosted in Germany for the first time in 2023
- LatamPaper Brazil (São Paulo, Brazil), 14-16, June, 2023: The event focuses on discussions about technological advances in the paper and tissue industry in Latin America
- MIAC 2023 (Lucca, Italy), 11-13 October, 2023: The paper industry’s international exhibition of the latest technologies and equipment for paper, board, and tissue processing
From strategic partnerships to equipment and technology solutions, Körber works alongside customers to help drive results each year. Here's to helping you reach your goals in 2023!
Written by Körber Tissue Team